In an exclusive interview with News Nation, former Pakistan President Gen Pervez Musharraf has described Jaish-e-Mohammed chief Masood Azhar as a “terrorist”, saying he has been involved in bomb blasts even in his country. Musharraf accepted Pakistan government's diplomatic failure on international front. He, however, said it does not mean that Pakistan should be taken for granted.
Below are the top 10 quotes of Musharraf:
1. PM Modi's impromptu visit to Pakistan to wish Nawaz Sharif on his birthday is just an artificial gesture. Some concrete steps are needed to improve ties between the two countries.
2. On detention of Pak high commission staffer on espionage charges: These things happen. We also nab Indian spies.
3. Due to the diplomatic failure of the incumbent government, Pakistan has been isolated.
4. There is no your terrorist and my terrorist. A terrorist is a terrorist. Those fighting in Kashmir are not terrorists. Pakistan calls them Mujahideen.
5. Burhan Wani was a young leader.
6. Masood Azhar and those who were hiding in Lal Masjid were terrorists but Hafiz Saeed and Syyed Salahuddin are not.
7. Musharraf refuses to comment on Gen Raheel Sharif taking over as a military ruler but says Pakistan had better growth trajectory under military rule.
8. India must not behave as a ' big brother ' and force the smaller nations in the region to support its agenda.
9. When asked about the ongoing unrest in Balochistan, Sindh and PoK, he tried to turn the focus of his reply by referring to Kashmir and the slain terrorist Burhan Wani.
10. When asked on the 'surgical strike' and military might of India he said, Pakistan is a nuke power with a strong army which can’t be bullied.