Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath was greeted by his ministerial colleagues, BJP leaders and bureaucrats as he turned 47 today.
Huge hoardings of the Chief Minister, who has said that he does not celebrate his birthday, has been put up all across the state capital. Party workers were seen distributed sweets and fruits in orphanages and hospitals.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi also took to the Twitter to wish Adityanath.
He wrote: "Greetings to Uttar Pradesh's dynamic Chief Minister @myyogiadityanathji on his birthday. Yogiji has done commendable work in transforming Uttar Pradesh, especially in areas like agriculture, industry as well as in improving law and order. I pray for his long and healthy life."
As Yogi turned 47, lets have a look at some of the lesser known facts about him.
1. Born on June 5, 1972 in Uttarakhand, Adityanath's real name is Ajay Singh Bisht.
2. He renounced his family to become a disciple of Mahant Avaidyanath, head priest of Gorakhnath Math, when he was 21-years-old.
3. Adityanath became the youngest member of the Lok Sabha in 1998 when he was merely 26 years old.
4. Adityanath, who trained as a Sanyasi under Avaidyanath, holds a bachelor's degree in Mathematics.
5. Yogi Adityanath was the founder Hindu Yuva Vahini, a socio-cultural outfit.