I Request Kerala, Bengal CMs To 'Review Decisions' On NRC, CAA, Says Amit Shah- Top Quotes
Union Home Minister Amit Shah On Tuesday Said That There Any Need To Discuss Over Pan-India NRC As ‘there Is No Discussion On It Yet Either In The Cabinet Or Parliament’.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Tuesday said that there any need to discuss over pan-India NRC as ‘there is no discussion on it yet either in the Cabinet or Parliament’. There is “no link between the National Population Register and the National Register of Citizens”, told Shah to News Agency ANI. His statements come amid widespread protests against the Citizenship Amendment Act, 2019 and a general fear of nationwide implementation of National Register of Citizens.
Here are top quotes from Home Minister Amit Shah’s interview with ANI.
- I have already clarified that the CAA is only about providing citizenship, and takes away nothing from anyone.
- I humbly appeal to both Chief Ministers (Kerala, West Bengal) again, that don't take such a step and please review your decisions, don't keep the poor out of development programs just for your politics.
- No link between NPR and NRC, state govts should not do politics on population register
- It is a Constitutional provision to conduct Census every 10 years. No one should think that it will be used for NRC.
- Minorities, especially, should not fear this. If someone burns buses or shops, what can the police not stop them? Police can only fire when it comes down to saving someone's life. If not, they are not performing their duty.
- The Census will take place in 2021. We're doing both NPR and Census together because they are similar.
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 24 Dec 2019, 08:01:55 PM