Industries operating in rural areas to be permitted to run from April 20
Exemptions Given From April 20 Will Not Be Applicable In COVID-19 Hotspots Or Containment Zones.
Industries operating in rural areas to be permitted to run from April 20 with strict social distancing norms. (Photo Credit: News Nation Photo)
Amid Corona Virus 2.0 Lockdown begins today the government issued new guidelines for phase 2 of the coronavirus lockdown. A day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi extended it till May 3. Activities like agriculture, industries in rural areas will be allowed after April 20 to 'mitigate hardships to public' with strict social distancing norms, the Centre said. Exemptions given from April 20 will not be applicable in COVID-19 hotspots or containment zones.
Guidelines for the lockdown:
- Manufacturing, industrial units with access control in SEZs, Export Oriented Units, industrial estates, townships to function from Apr 20. Permitted industries must make arrangements for stay of workers within their premises or adjacent buildings for social distancing.
- The government has allowed industries functioning in rural areas, that is outside municipal areas, to resume operations. Manufacturing and industrial establishments functioning in Special Economic Zones (SEZ) and Export Oriented Units (EOU), industrial estates and industrial townships have been allowed to resume operations.
- These establishments will have to make arrangements for the stay and transport of its workers as per requirements.
- Manufacturing units producing essential goods such as drugs, medicines etc have been allowed to function.
- All educational, training institution etc shall remain closed, taxis (including auto and cycle rickshaws) and services of cab aggregators to remain prohibited until May 3.
- Cinema halls, malls, shopping/sports complexes, gyms, swimming pools, theaters, bars etc to remain closed till May 3.
- Wearing of face cover is compulsory in all public places, workplaces.
- Spitting in public places shall be punishable with fine.
- All international, domestic flights remain suspended till May 3. All train services will also remain suspended.
- All social, political, sports, religious functions, religious places, places of worship shall be closed for public till May 3.
- From April 20, when there will be some relaxations in areas that are not coronavirus hotspots, activities will be permitted, including agricultural, horticultural, farming, procurement of agri products, 'mandis'.
- Shops of farm machinery, its spare parts, supply chain, repairs, 'Custom Hiring Centres' related to machinery to remain open from Apr 20.
- Bank branches and ATMs, IT vendors for banking operations, banking correspondents, ATM operation and cash management agencies to remain functional.
- MNREGA works are allowed with strict implementation of social distancing & face mask.
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 15 Apr 2020, 10:45:42 AM