The Jat protests for reservation in Rohtak turned violent on Friday as a mob went on rampage and clashed with the police. The protesters pelted stones at the office of the inspector general of police in Rohtak and set a gate of the IGP office and a police jeep on fire. One person has been killed in police firing, reports said.
Here are the 10 developments of the big story
1. Shoot-at-sight orders have been issued in Haryana's curfew-bound Rohtak and Bhiwani. Curfew was imposed in several parts of Haryana, including Rohtak and Bhiwani. Army has been deployed in eight districts of Haryana after one person was killed and 21 were injured in police firing as Jat stir for quota turned violent.
2. According to reports, Haryana Minister Capt Abhimanyu's house in Rohtak was attacked and vehicles were set on fire. Reports said more than 1000 protesters had entered Capt Abhimanyu's house.
3. Cops started firing from inside the IGP office to disperse the mob in the evening. One person was killed in the police firing. The mob has damaged 15 cars parked in Agro Mall, while three buses and police vehicle have also been damaged.
4. Students have alleged that cops brutally beat them up in college hostels on Thursday night.
5. Earlier on Friday, mobile and internet services were blocked in Rohtak district following the tension on sixth day of the Jat agitation.
6. Prohibitory orders have been put in place in Rohtak following tension.
7. An all-party meeting was held by Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar in view of the agitation.
8. The protesters have blocked many routes, following which Haryana Roadways has suspended its bus services on the affected areas.
9. The protests have also affected the supply of items of daily need including milk, vegetables, fruits.
10. Holidays have been declared at the private schools in the area in wake of the agitation. All schools win Gurgaon will remain closed till Monday.