Jat reservation protest continued on Saturday and incidents of violence and arson were reported. A railway station, a police station and some buildings were set ablaze.
Here are the 10 developments on the big story:
1. 7 persons have been reported killed in Jhajjar (Haryana) and 1 in Kalayat in Kaithal district (Haryana) after army columns open fire.
2. Departmental examinations have been postponed due to disruption of roads and rails in Haryana.
3. Meeting was held at HM Rajnath Singh's residence on Haryana crisis in Delhi. Army Chief, NSA Ajit Doval, Defence Minister Parrikar were present in the meeting.
4. Shoot at sight orders have been issued by Deputy commissioner in areas of Hissar and Hansi areas of Haryana.
5. Curfew has been imposed in three more towns—Sonipat, Gohana (Sonipat) and Jhajjar—on Saturday. Flag marches were conducted by Army in Rohtak and Bhiwani districts.
6. Jat leaders have refused to call off the agitation unless the government promulgates an ordinance to include the community in the OBC category.
7. Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar had appealing to protesters to end their stir and asked them to "return to their homes as the Government has accepted their demands", but did not elaborate.
8. Maruti Suzuki India has suspended operations at its two plants in Gurgaon and Manesar in the wake of Jat reservation stir.
9. Road transport and rail services have badly been hit due to Jat reservation protest. Buses remained off the road, while protesters have blocked rail tracks at multiple points.
10. Wholesale prices of vegetables have risen marginally in Delhi NCR. Milk supply has hit due to disruption in transportation.