JNU row: Who is Umar Khalid?
According To The Intelligence Reports, 10 Democratic (DSU) Activists, Led By Umar Khalid In JNU Had Organised The Event To Commemorate Afzal Guruâ€™s Death Anniversary.
According to the Intelligence reports, 10 Democratic (DSU) activists, led by Umar Khalid in JNU had organised the event to commemorate Afzal Guru’s death anniversary. Anti-India slogans were raised there however it has no mention of Kanhaiya Kumar, JNU Student's Union president who is under arrest on sedition charges.
The report also mentions the name of Umar Khalid, A PhD student from School of Social Sciences, the main organiser of the event.
Khalid is another name which has emerged lately in the JNU row giving it a new twist. Now the question arises who is Umar Khalid?
- Umar Khalid is a member of the now dissolved Democratic Students' Union (DSU).
- One of the organisers of the controversial event that took place on February 9.
- Pursued his M.A. in history and M.Phil from JNU and has been doing field work in Jharkhand, reportedly.
- One of the applicants who sought permission for organising the events on JNU campus.
- Delhi police are on the outlook for Umar.
Some reports even suggest that he once visited Pakistan and point towards him of having terrorist links but contrastingly, Umar doesn’t have a passport, how could he even step out of the country to visit another? This absurdity needs to be explained.
Now- what is DSU?
- Umar was a part of DSU which upheld Maoism.
- The self-claimed progressive organisation was dissolved when Umar with 10 others resigned from the organisation for various reasons.
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 18 Feb 2016, 12:53:00 PM