Kanhaiya Kumar gets a new match in Jhanvi Behal; 7 things about the 15-year-old
Jawaharlal Nehru University Students’ Union President Kanhaiya Kumar's Popularity After Getting Booked In Sedition Row Has Travelled Far And Invited Lot Of Criticism From All Corners Of The Society.
New Delhi :
Jawaharlal Nehru University Students’ Union President Kanhaiya Kumar's popularity after getting booked in sedition row has travelled far and invited lot of criticism from all corners of the society.
One such person, who thinks Kanhaiya needs to do more than simply criticising Prime Minister Narendra Modi is 15-year-old Jhanvi Behal.
The girl who was honoured during Republic Day for her contribution to the ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’, on Sunday, challenged Kumar for an open debate over his allegations on the PM.
In an open challenge, the 15-year-old challenged Kanhaiya Kumar to meet her ‘wherever and whenever’ for the debate. “It is very easy to criticise someone while sitting at home. Kanhaiya should concentrate on working like PM Modi,” said Jhanvi.
She also praised Modi and said that Kanhaiya should try to work like him instead of criticising him.
7 things to know about Jhanvi Behal
- In 2014, Jhanvi conducted a sting operation on tobacco, cigarette and liquor stores. Her operation even led to the filing of an FIR against some shops.
- Jhanvi draws her inspiration from Mother Teresa.
- She made a documentary, Maa Mera Ki Kasoor, on female foeticide to spread awareness.
- She is an active member of an NGO Raksha Jyoti Foundation and was honoured on Republic Day for her contribution towards Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
- She sought judicial intervention over frequent dharnas and the traffic snarls that they result in.
- She has written several letters to PM, CJI, information and broadcasting minister on several social issues.
- She also filed a writ in Punjab and Haryana against adult content on social networking sites and won the judgement too.
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 06 Mar 2016, 05:01:00 PM