Kumbh 2019: Check out some amazing facts about the mega event
The Indian Railway Will Run 800 Special Trains To Carry The Devotees To The Prayagraj.
To make Kumbh 2019 a success, the Government of Uttar Pradesh government is carrying out many development works and taking several initiatives. Let's take a look at some interesting and amazing facts related to Kumbh 2019.
- A separate logo for Ardh Kumbh 2019 has been designed by the state government.
- The Kumbh Mela has been recognized by UNESCO as an 'intangible cultural heritage of humanity. The UN body inscribed it on the 'representative list of the intangible cultural heritage of humanity' at its 12th session in Jeju, South Korea.
- Kumbh Mela is considered to be the largest religious gathering on earth. In 2013, an estimated 120 million devotees participated in Allahabad's Kumbh Mela. In other words, more than 10 per cent of the nation’s population converged at one point.
- The Indian Railway will run 800 special trains to carry the devotees to the Prayagraj. Moreover, all the special trains are being vinyl-wrapped with pictures and messages about the Mela along with a logo designed for the occasion.
- Beautification of all the important roads within the radius of 10 km from Prayagraj city is being done and over 2 lakh plants (with pots) will be planted.
- For this first time, devotees will be arriving in the city through land, air and water routes.
- The Centre government is planning to start an airboat service from Varanasi to Prayagraj for the Kumbh Mela. It is likely to start before January 15.
- To spread the message of 'Swachh Bharat', the government has decided to install over 1.22 lakh toilets ahead of Kumbh Mela. Almost 20,000 dustbins have been installed in the Mela area, along roads and ghats and 15,000 sanitation workers will be deployed to ensure cleanliness.
- Luxury tents, which may cost up to Rs 35,000, are being set up next to the river Ganga.
- The area of the Kumbh Mela has almost doubled this time. It will be spread over an area of 45 km from the earlier 20 km radius.
- The mela area is being lit by setting up more than 40,700 thousand LED lights.
- 1,000 CCTV cameras will be installed in the entire mela area for better monitoring and mitigations of risks.
- Four police lines and 40 police station have been set up. Also, three female police stations will be there during the Kumbh Mela.
- 22 hospitals with more than 450 beds, about 150 ambulances, and around 2,000 medical staff have been deployed in the Mela area. Also, more than 5 lakh people will receive eye check-ups free of cost during the mega event.
- The Kumbh Mela 2019 will commence on January 15 on Makar Sankranti and end on Mahashivratri which is on March 4.
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 05 Jan 2019, 06:40:58 PM