Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday addressed the nation through his monthly radio programme 'Mann ki Baat'. This was the second episode of the radio address by PM Modi after he led the Bharatiya Janata Party to a landslide victory in the Lok Sabha polls earlier this year. In the first address of the second edition, the prime minister had appealed to all Indians, including eminent people from all walks of life to create awareness on water conservation. Today, the PM praised some states for their efforts in this regards.
Here are the highlights of PM Modi's Mann Ki Baat:
- Let me remind my young friends that do not forget to participate in quiz competition, do not forget opportunity to visit Sriharikota at any cost. Many thanks to you all. Namaskar: PM Modi.
- My dear countrymen, where to begin ‘#MannKiBaat’ and where to end it, is a difficult task! But there is a time limit! I’ll be back after a month’s wait and meet you again: PM Modi.
- In entire India, people of different cultures and languages, celebrate the onset of rainy season in their own fashion: PM Modi.
- Heavy rainfall in many parts of country has resulted in countrymen suffering due to floods. I assure all the citizens affected by floods, that the Centre in tandem with State govts is working at lightning pace to provide relief and succour: PM Modi
- The month of August also brings the memories of ‘Quit India’ movement. I wish that all of us celebrate 15th August with special preparations and find out new ways to observe this festival of freedom with greater participation of masses: PM Modi
- I appeal to all to visit those tourist sports within our country whose scenic beauty is to behold during monsoon. There are no better ways to witness this nation’s beauty, people’s sentiments & no better teachers than tourism, pilgrimage: PM Modi.
- I would especially like to thank the hospitality of people of J&K while referring to successful organization of Amarnath Yatra. Those who return after performing this pilgrimage become imbued with feelings of warmth, kinship displayed by people of state: PM Modi.
- While we are talking of the monsoon season, you will be glad to learn that the number of pilgrims in #AmarnathYatra this year were four times greater than the past 4 years: PM Modi.
- Haryana is doing something great when it comes to saving water and working with farmers: PM Modi.
- Commendable efforts by people in Jharkhand towards water conservation: PM Modi.
- 'Mann Ki Baat' has given impetus to cleanliness. Similarly, efforts made towards cleanliness have always inspired 'Mann Ki Baat': PM Modi
- People’s participation in 'Back To Village' indicates that people in Jammu and Kashmir want good governance & proves that the power of development is stronger than the might of bullets & bombs. Those who wish to spread hatred & pose hurdles will never succeed in their plans: PM Modi.
- Chandrayaan 2 is Indian to the core. It is purely Indian in heart & spirit. It is a totally swadeshi and home grown mission. We are now eagerly waiting for September, when Lander Vikram & Rover Pragyan will land on lunar surface: PM Modi
- Faith and fearlessness are my top takeaways from Chandrayaan 2 mission: PM Modi.
- My dear countrymen, I strongly believe that you would have felt immensely proud on India’s achievement beyond the skies in outer space. The successful launch by our scientists despite the early setback is unprecedented: PM Modi
- “People have shared information on traditional methods. Media has embarked upon quite few innovative campaigns. Be it Govt or NGOs, something or other is being carried out on war footing,” said PM Modi.
- It is the season of festivals. Many fairs are held on these occasions. Why don’t we use these fairs to spread the message of water conservation?
- Meghalaya has become the first state to have formulated its own water-policy. I congratulate Meghalaya govt. In Haryana, crops that require meagre water are being encouraged. Farmers thus are saved from suffering losses: PM Modi
- PM Modi urged people to start sharing details of several books that they read on the Narendra Modi app and invites suggestions for names for book's corner on the app.