Making terrorism the centrepoint of his over 20-minute speech at Aishbagh Maidan in Lucknow, PM Modi said terror was the worst enemy of humanity and called upon the world community to speak in one voice against the menace to put an end to it.
Here are top 10 points from PM Narendra Modi's Dussehra speech :
1. Breaking from tradition, Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the historic Ramlila celebrations here where he launched a veiled attack on Pakistan
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Communalism, casteism, nepotism are forms of evil inside us, need to get rid of these ‘Ravanas’.
3. Modi stated the world was late in recognising terrorism.Terming it as enemy of humanity, Modi asked people to stand united in the fight against terrorism.
4. PM stressed the need of working collectively against gender bias and help provide all opportunity to them to shine.
5. “The girl child has left a mark in every area, from studies to sports. Saluting their accomplishments on International Day of the Girl Child.
6. He also said, "You can’t be Ram, but be the Jatayu who put up the first resistance to Ravana (terror). Fits in with his larger message of being alert towards terror. Exhorted society to make Dussehra a daily war to fight evils within."
7. He asked his political opponents not to play politics with terrorism, and not challenge the government’s stand in Indo-Pak matters.
8. "In 1992-93, I was talking to someone from US Dept of State on terrorism, they said its your "law & order problem". That changed after 26/11," the prime minister stated.
9. Modi then shifted gears to poverty, illiteracy and said that we get rid of these social evils.
10. We cannot save humanity unless we fight terrorism and terrorists, he concluded.