Madhya Pradesh Crisis: What We Know So Far – 10 Points
Madhya Pradesh Crisis: Scindia Is Likely To Be Sent To The Rajya Sabha And He May Get A Berth In The Union Cabinet If His Rebellion Against The Congress Leads To The Collapse Of The Madhya Pradesh Government, As The BJP Assumes.
Madhya Pradesh Crisis: Jyotiraditya Scindia to join the BJP around 2 pm today. (Photo Credit: Special Arrangement)
Political instability continues to emerge from Madhya Pradesh where the resignation of Jyotiraditya Scindia has plunged the state into chaos. The Kamal Nath government is on the brink of collapse as 22 Congress MLAs resigned from the Assembly. Scindia, a leading Congress member for years, drove to the house of Union Home Minister Amit Shah. The two leaders then went to the prime minister's residence where they held discussions for over an hour. Soon after his consultation with Modi, the former Congress Leader gave his resignation to party’s interim president Sonia Gandhi, stating it was now time for him to move on.
Scindia is likely to be sent to the Rajya Sabha and he may get a berth in the Union cabinet if his rebellion against the Congress leads to the collapse of the Madhya Pradesh government, as the BJP assumes.
Madhya Pradesh Crisis: What we know so far
- Troubles mount after Jyotiraditya Scindia resign from Congress on Tuesday.
- Scindia, a leading Congress figure for years, drove down to the residence of Union Home Minister Amit Shah, the former BJP president who continues to drive his party's political affairs. The two leaders then went to the prime minister's residence where they held talks for over an hour. Soon after his meeting with Modi, the former Union minister tendered his resignation to Congress president Sonia Gandhi, saying it was now time for him to move on.
- 22 Congress MLAs loyal to Scindia resign, pushing the 15-month-old Kamal Nath government to the brink of collapse.
- The Congress also announces Scindia’s expulsion for "anti-party activities" as the crisis looming over the Madhya Pradesh government.
- Reports suggest that Scindia is likely to be sent to the Rajya Sabha and he may get a berth in the Union cabinet if his rebellion against the Congress leads to the collapse of the Madhya Pradesh government, as the BJP assumes.
- Chief Minister Kamal Nath says he is confident his government will complete its term. "There is nothing to worry about. We will prove our majority," he said late on Tuesday night.
- Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot ripped into Scindia, saying he had betrayed the "trust of the people and the ideology" and was a leader with "self-indulgent political ambitions".
- Madhya Pradesh Speaker NP Prajapati says, “I am going to summon all Congress MLAs who have sent on their resignations. I will look into their resignations.”
- Congress says they have shifted 95 MLAs to Jaipur where the party is in power to prevent horse trading. The BJP also decide to keep its MLAs together. The BJP hurried its 106 MLAs to a luxury hotel in Gurugram in the wee hours on Wednesday.
- Jyotiraditya Scindia to join the BJP around 2 pm today. According to reports, Scindia is likely to join the party in JP Nadda's presence.
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 11 Mar 2020, 01:52:20 PM