A major fire broke out at Spice Mall in Noida Sector 25. Huge plumes of smoke were seen rising out of the building of the mall. Several fire tenders rushed to the spot which doused the flames within an hour. The fire began around 2.30 pm and multiple fire tenders were rushed to the spot immediately, Fire Department officials said.
According to reports, the fire started from the chimney of Legends Barbeque restaurant which is on the second floor of the mall, located opposite the Noida Stadium. No one got injured in the incident.
WATCH VIDEO: Major fire breaks out at Spice World Mall in Noida
However, the exact reason behind the fire is yet to be ascertained.
Earlier today, a massive fire broke out at a menthol warehouse in Kasna area of Greater Noida today. Around 18 fire engines from Noida and Ghaziabad were rushed to the spot and they tried to douse the flames.
No casualties or injuries have been reported, a fire officer said.
"The fire continues to rage for more than three hours. Fire personnel are facing difficulty to douse the flames due to the huge amount of menthol oil stored at the warehouse," the officer said.
"There are hundreds of menthol oil drums inside the warehouse and they are exploding," fire officer Arun Kumar Singh told news agency ANI.
The fire was contained but will take more than three hours to fully douse it off, he said.
Earlier in February, a fire broke out in Metro Hospital and Heart Institute in Noida, trapping several people inside the multi-storeyed building.
About 30-35 patients were rescued and shifted to local hospitals, said Vaibhav Krishna, Senior Superintendent of Police, Gautam Buddha Nagar.