Prime Minister Narendra Modi (Photo Credit: PTI)
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday said India's efforts to combat coronavirus have set an example and it is among countries which understood the pandemic's seriousness and took various timely decisions to combat the virus. Addressing BJP workers to mark the 40th foundation day of the party, he also appreciated the maturity shown by people during the lockdown, describing it as unprecedented.
"We got to see our collective strength on Sunday evening," he said referring to the countrywide exercise to switch off lights and illuminate diyas for nine minutes to show India's collective strength to fight the deadly virus. He also urged BJP workers to follow a five-point agenda, including working to ensure that no poor goes hungry.
1. We are among countries which understood this pandemic's seriousness and took one decision after another in time to combat it: PM Modi
2. Humanity is facing a crisis, our devotion to service of the country creates our path during this challenging time. India has worked rapidly with a holistic approach that is being appreciated by not only Indians but also WHO: PM Modi
3. We started our fight against Covid-19 much earlier with the help of all state governments. We will continue our fight with the help of experts and have taken stringent decisions in the process: PM Modi
4. The current situation is in no means less than a war. It is a war to save humanity. I appeal to every BJP worker to contribute to PM-CARES Fund and motivate 40 others to do the same, says PM Modi.
5. Government has developed an app called Aarogya Setu. I request all of you to tell people about it, everyone should make sure that at least 40 others install it, says PM Modi.
6. I state it with full responsibility that this is a long war against coronavirus pandemic. But we do not have to get tired or take a rest in this war. We have to emerge victorious, says PM Modi.