News Nation Logo

J&k Surrender Policy effective in valley, 4 militants surrender in ten days

In Yet Another Incident In South Kashmir’s Tral Area, A Militant Surrendered Before The Forces In A Live Encounter. Identified As Saqib Waza, A Third-year B Tech Student Had Joined The Hizb Ul Mujahideen Group Last Month On September 24.

News Nation Bureau | Reported By : Idrees Lone | Edited By : Avinash Prabhakar | Updated on: 27 Oct 2020, 06:41:47 PM
Security Force

Security Force (Photo Credit: News Nation)

Srinagar:

In yet another incident in South Kashmir’s Tral area, a militant surrendered before the forces in a live encounter. Identified as Saqib Waza, a third year B Tech student, had joined Hizb Ul Mujahideen group last month on September 24. Another militant was killed in the encounter. This is the third such incident in the last two weeks. A total of four militants have surrendered in these operations held at different locations.

Read Also :Bihar Assembly Poll: How election has turned into Nitish versus All in Bihar

‘We are thankful to the people, we always pass this message that those who have taken up arms will be dealt with and those who have taken up arms and want to return, we will take them back. There are two three incidents where we have managed to convince them to surrender. And in future also, if there is anyone who has picked up arms and wants to come back should return' says B S Raju, GOC 15 Corp.

The first surrender took place in Budgam area of Central Kashmir, where the family of the Militant Jehangir Ahmad, was brought in to convince him to lay down his arms and surrender. The second surrender during an operation took place in North Kashmir’s Sopore area. The Militants identified as Abid and Mehraj Ud Din surrendered in a live operation before the forces. They had also recently joined the Al Badr outfit. They had also joined militant ranks for a month before laying their arms.

‘’we had information about the presence of two boys, Abid and Mehraj-Din who had gone missing. Their Al-badr joining confirmation came through their official telegram group. We had Been tracking them and I personally spoke to their parents. I promised them their safe return. RR & JKP were on it. We cordoned the area after inputs & we summoned their parents. We, along with their families, appealed to them. They were working for the terrorists from one month and today we have made them surrender, ‘said H S Sahi GOC, Kilo Force A lot of youth who have gone missing in the last few months have joined these militant ranks. The families of the youth time and again through social media have made videos to reach out to their sons.

For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.

First Published : 27 Oct 2020, 05:50:28 PM