News Nation Logo

Modi Govt Reaches Out To Shaheen Bagh Protesters, Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad Tweets 'Ready To Talk'

Modi Govt Reaches Out To Shaheen Bagh Protesters, RS Prasad Says 'ready To Talk'

News Nation Bureau | Edited By : Surabhi Pandey | Updated on: 01 Feb 2020, 10:09:00 AM
Shaheen Bagh

Modi govt reaches out to Shaheen Bagh protesters, RS Prasad says 'ready to talk' (Photo Credit: Abhilasha Kishore/News Nation)

New Delhi:

The Narendra Modi government on Saturday announced that it was ready to talk to the protesters at Delhi’s Shaheen Bagh. Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad took to Twitter to make the crucial announcement. The remark comes even as the anti-CAA protests continue at Shaheen Bagh. “Government is ready to talk to protestors of Shaheen Bagh but then it should be in a structured form and the @narendramodi govt is ready to communicate with them and clear all their doubts they have against CAA.” So far, there has been no confirmation from the protesters whether they will accept the offer.

A large number of women have been holding a sit-in against Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) at Shaheen Bagh in south east Delhi since mid-December. The protest, supported by people from different fields including politicians, Bollywood actors and academicians, has emerged as a symbol of anti-CAA agitation in the country.

This is the very first time that the Modi government has made any official statement over the resolution of the issue. The protests at the Shaheen Bagh have become a major poll point in the Delhi politics. The Aam Aadmi Party has openly backed the Shaheen Bagh protests.

For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.

First Published : 01 Feb 2020, 09:33:55 AM