Top quotes of PM Modi in Parliament during Motion of Thanks on President Kovind's speech
On Monday, Parliament Took Up The Discussion On Motion Of Thanks On Kovind's Address To The Joint Sitting Of Both The Lok Sabha And Rajya Sabha.
Replying to Motion of Thanks on President Ram Nath Kovind's speech last week in Parliament, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday addressed the Lok Sabha while laying out the BJP 2.0 government's roadmap for the next five years. On Monday, Parliament took up the discussion on Motion of Thanks on Kovind's address to the joint sitting of both the Houses - Lok Sabha (Lower House) Rajya Sabha (Upper House). Pratap Sarangi, a first-time lawmaker from Odisha, opened the debate to thank the President for his speech.
LIVE: Congress never thought beyond one family, we gave Pranab Mukherjee Bharat Ratna: PM Modi
Here are the top quotes by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his Motion of Thanks on President Kovind's speech in Parliament:
- People from outside the Gandhi family don't get recognition for their works: Did those in power between 2004 and 2014 ever talk about the good work of Atalji? Did they ever speak about the good work of Narasimha Raoji? In this Lok Sabha debate they did not even speak about Manmohan Singhji. But, we gave Bharat Ratna to Pranab Mukherjee.
- No one can forget June 25, 1975 when the sin of trampling the democracy was committed. India was turned into a jail during the Emergency. It will always be a big blot. We can't forget those dark days.
- Congress rose so high that it has been disconnected from reality but we dream of sticking to the roots. We don't waste time in pulling others down. We believe in raising our standards of work.
- Nothing is Bigger Than Winning People's Trust: I do not think about elections in terms of who won and who lost. For me, what is satisfying is the opportunity to serve 130 crore Indians and do work that has made a positive difference in the lives of our citizens.
- Congress missed opportunities with uniform civil code and Shah Bano case, today again there is an opportunity, we have brought Triple Talaq bill for women empowerment, please do not link it to religion.
- My government is Dedicated to Poor: In 2014, I said my government will be dedicated to the poor. We developed such a culture in the country that a common man had to fight and compromise with basic needs. We did not divert from our development path, we did not dilute our development agenda. We worked for those who had nothing
- Today, when we talk about water resources, I remember Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar. It was Babasaheb who worked diligently on waterways and irrigation.
- Those who are out on bail can enjoy, putting people behind the bars is the work of our courts. It's not Emergency, we have laws.
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 25 Jun 2019, 08:24:42 PM