Mughal Gardens at Rashtrapati Bhavan to close on March 7 amid coronavirus outbreak (Photo Credit: PTI/File)
Mughal Gardens at Rashtrapati Bhavan will be closed for public from March 7, a day ahead of the schedule, to avoid a large gathering of people. The step has been taken as a precautionary measure in view of the coronavirus outbreak. “Continuing the precautionary measures at Rashtrapati Bhavan, the Mughal Gardens will be closed for public from March 7 to avoid any large gathering of people, in view of COVID-19,” Rashtrapati Bhavan said in a tweet.
Meanwhile, all government and private schools (up to class 5) will remain closed till March 31, said Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia.
"As a precautionary measure to prevent the possibility of spread of COVID-19 amongst our children, Delhi Government has directed the immediate closure of all primary schools (Govt/ aided/ private/MCD/NDMC) till 31/3/20(sic)," Manish Sisodia tweeted.
The government has also assured people that there is no shortage of raw ingredients or medicines in the country for the next three months and a group of ministers is monitoring the situation on a daily basis to ensure preparedness for the challenge posed by the coronavirus outbreak.
The Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers D V Sadananda Gowda said that all initiatives are being taken to ensure there is no impact of the disease in India. "There is no shortage of any APIs in the country. We have sufficient APIs (active pharmaceutical ingredients) and medicines in the country,” he said adding “for another three months there is no shortage for undertaking production in the pharma sector".
One more case of novel coronavirus was reported in Ghaziabad in the national capital region, taking the total number in the country to 30 so far, official sources said on Thursday.
The patient is a middle-aged man with a recent travel history to Iran, they said. Amid rising cases of coronavirus, the Union Health Ministry on Thursday asked states to form rapid response teams at district, block, and village levels, stating cases of community transmission have been observed. As of now, the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country stands at 30, including 16 Italian tourists. The figure includes the first three cases reported from Kerala last month who have already been discharged following recovery.