News Nation Logo


Get a Reliance Jio SIM home-delivered and activate in 5 minutes through eKYC: Mukesh Ambani | 20 Big Highlights

Ambani Announced 'Jio Happy New Year Offer' During A Press Conference In Mumbai. After Garnering A Lot Of Attention From Their Rock-bottom Pricing, Ambani's Reliance Jio Has Crossed The 50 Million Subscriber Mark In Less Than Three Months.

News Nation Bureau | Edited By : Hina Khan | Updated on: 04 Dec 2016, 11:05:36 AM
Mukesh Ambani announces Jio Happy New Offer: 10 Big highlights (File Photo)

New Delhi:

Reliance Industries Ltd Chairman Mukesh Ambani on Thursday made a number of big announcements for Reliance Jio users. Ambani announced that users will get free data and voice services on the Jio mobile platform free until March 31, 2017, up from an earlier deadline of December 31, 2016.

Ambani announced 'Jio Happy New Year Offer' during a press conference in Mumbai. After garnering a lot of attention from their rock-bottom pricing, Ambani's Reliance Jio has crossed the 50 million subscriber mark in less than three months.

Here are the 20 big announcements made by Mukesh Ambani:

1. Get a Jio SIM home-delivered and activated in 5 minutes through eKYC.

2. Starting 4 December 2016, every new Jio user will get Jio’s Data, Voice, Video and the full bouquet of Jio applications absolutely FREE, till 31 March 2017, We are calling this the “JIO HAPPY NEW YEAR OFFER.

3. Starting December 5 every merchant can download Jio Money Merchant Solutions. Merchants can also make supplier payments, transfer money to bank accounts and also use digital petty cash.

4. All existing users will continue to enjoy unlimited offer till December 31 and will automatically be upgraded to Jio New Year offer.

5. Call drops rates have come down from 90 percent to 20 percent. The rate will further drop to acceptable limits.


6. JioMoney is expanding its reach to millions of touch points where micro-ATMs will be deployed.

7. Under Jio Happy New Year Offer, customers will get 30 times the average usage on other networks FREE till 31 March 2017.

8. In this period Jio customers will also be able to test-drive digital recharge, billing experience, using JioMoney wallet.

9. We have recently introduced home delivery of #Jio SIMs. Get a Jio SIM home-delivered and activated in 5 minutes through eKYC.

10. In the first 3 months, Jio has grown faster than Facebook, WhatsApp or Skype

11. All users will get a new offer called Happy New Year offer with a reduced data cap of 1 GB per day. Existing users will continue to get 4 GB per day till Dec 31.

12. On Jan 1, they will be moved from the Welcome Offer to the new ‘Happy New Year’ offer with the reduced data cap.

13. This will prevent a small minority of users from spoiling the user experience for the majority of users.

14. 80% of the Welcome Offer users were using 1 GB or less per day, but the other 20% were impacting service quality by their higher usage.

15. 8% of Jio towers experienced congestion during the Welcome Offer due to abnormally high usage.

16. 92% of Reliance towers have been experiencing high speeds consistently.

17. Jio will continue to work on the network to ensure that even the 8% towers that do experience congestion are also given extra capacity to ensure a flawless experience for all users.

18. Reliance Jio is delivering 4 times data as all other telecom operators combined and striving to improve it even further and live up to the expectation of every single Jio customer.

19. Reliance will continue to monitor this capacity over the past months, call block rates have come down from over 90% to nearly 20%..

20. Mukesh announced big plans to expand the Jio Money platform in India to take advantage of the new cashless ecosystem being developed by the country.

For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.

First Published : 01 Dec 2016, 02:09:00 PM

Related Tags:

Mukesh Ambani Reliance Jio