Former Union minister Ajay Maken on Sunday said he and his family members will not show any document for the NRC, alleging that it was a 'discriminatory' process. The former Delhi Congress president said that he, his wife and three children will not be part of the National Register of Citizens (NRC) exercise.
“My wife Radhika, daughters Aarushi & Ahana, son Aujaswi and myself, we have all decided ‘we will not show papers’. We’ll not be a part of the NRC - a discriminatory process against our cultural values and constitutional ethos! #BoycottNRC,” Maken tweeted.
The national level NRC exercise is yet to be undertaken. Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his rally at Ramleela ground here said nothing had been done about the NRC in the country so far.
Maken’s wife and children were recently detained by the police at a protest against amended citizenship law at Mandi House here.