PM Narendra Modi (Photo: Twitter/@BJP4India)
New Delhi :
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said that he was in favour of removing the AFSPA but asserted that there has to a suitable situation for taking such a decision. In an interview aired on ABP news, the prime minister praised his 5 years of rule in the country, saying that aspirations have aroused in country's common man during his tenure. Modi accused the Congress party and its president Rahul Gandhi for bringing a manifesto that "insulted" the Army.
Below are the top quotes of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's interview:
1. Congress has ruled the country for more than 60 years, they have experienced leaders, know the nuances of the government. It is very natural to expect the Congress to have a definitive manifesto at such a time. But they have disappointed everyone. They insulted the Army in their manifesto.
2. I want an India without AFSPA, but for that, there has to be a suitable situation. Congress' manifesto is in sync with the language separatists use for our country.
3. Today, the acts of Pakistan, the language in which the separatists speak is the language sponsored by Pakistan. And if the similar language is found in the manifesto of the Congress party, it demoralises our defence forces.
4. Aspirations have aroused in country's common man during my tenure. I took major and critical decisions for the country. I give the credit of my 60-month tenure to the people of this country.
5. Electricity has reached every house in Jammu and Kashmir; we have been successful in building toilets in every house.
6. Omar Abdullah has said that he wants two prime ministers for the country. Now Congress party has to clear their stand on your ally's statement.
7. Demonetisation was a step taken by huge courage which resulted in the betterment of the country's economy in the long run.
8. When I was the Gujarat CM, I was asked what your government has done for Muslims? I said, 'My government has done nothing for Muslims but also my government did nothing for Hindus too. My government worked for the people of Gujarat.' I work for all the people irrespective of religion. My mantra is "Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas".
9. Democracy gives the right to everyone to contest elections from wherever they want. But the way Rahul Gandhi ran away from Amethi is what people are questioning.
10. We are following the path of former PM Late Atal Bihari Vajpayee who believed on Jamuriyat (democracy), Kashmiriyat and Insaaniyat (humanity).