At National War Memorial launch, PM Modi slams Congress over Rafale deal | Top quotes
Hitting Out At The Congress, Modi Said The Gandhi Family Always Short-changed The Armed Forces.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi came down heavily on the Congress for not doing enough for soldiers and attacking the government over Rafale fighter jets deal at the opening of the National War Memorial in New Delhi on Monday. Hitting out at the Congress, Modi said the Gandhi family always short-changed the armed forces. "Is it the nation first or the family first," he questioned during his address.Â
â€œFrom Bofors to AgustaWestland deal, all the investigations are pointing to one family, it says a lot, now these people are putting all the efforts to make sure that Rafale aircraft don't arrive in the country. The Opposition is trying too hard to ensure the Rafale deal fails...But soon India will get its first Rafale.
Modi also said due to the sacrifice of many soldiers, â€œwe are among the strongest army in the worldâ€.
Decades after the project was conceptualised in 1961, the countryâ€™s first National War Memorial dedicated to the memory of the soldiers, who died in the line of duty, was inaugurated by Modi near India Gate on Monday.
Here's what PM Modi said atÂ National War Memorial launch:
- The demand for a National War Memorial has been there for many decades, in the last decade there were one or two attempts but nothing concrete could happen, with the help of your blessing we started the process in 2014.
- At this historical place, I pay my tribute to the brave soldiers who lost their lives in Pulwama and all those brave hearts who sacrifice themselves for protection of India.
- We are continuously working towards making the Army self-reliant, the decisions which were thought to be impossible earlier have now been made possible.
- About two and a half decades ago, the file of this memorial started moving, for a brief period during Atal ji's regime, the process was expedited but after him, the situation was back to square one.
- In 2009, forces demanded 1,86,000 bullet-proof jackets but faced enemies without them. Our government in 4.5 years bought more than 2,30,000 bullet-proof jackets.
- From Bofors to AgustaWestland deal, all the investigations are pointing to one family, it says a lot, now these people are putting all the efforts to make sure that Rafale aircraft don't arrive in the country. The Opposition is trying too hardÂ to ensure the Rafale deal fails...But soon India will get its first Rafale.
- Rs 3,5000 crore distributed through OROP. Pension budget is now overÂ Rs.Â 1 lakh crore. Salaries of soldiers are up by 55%.
- The super-speciality hospital was a long-pending demand... Glad to announce, we will be setting up three super speciality hospitals for you.
- Modi is not important, India is above all. Not my name but it should be the stories of valour of the soldiers that should be remembered forever.
- Contribution from all parts of society is necessary for the security of the nation. Because of this ideology, for the first time, women are getting the opportunity to become fighter pilots. Decisions are being taken to strengthen the participation of daughters in the forces.
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 25 Feb 2019, 07:51:13 PM