Nitin Gadkari to inaugurate India's first inter-state bridge in J-K's Kathua today, click here to know more
It Will Reduce Traffic On The Jammu-Kathua-Pathankot National Highway.
Nitin Gadkari, the Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, will inaugurate the first inter-state bridge on the river Ravi in Jammu and Kashmir, on Tuesday. The 1.2-km-long Keediyan-Gandiyal bridge in the Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir was built at a cost of nearly Rs 150 crore in a span of three-and-a-half years linking the secluded areas of Kathua district with Punjab, officials said.
Here are some facts about India’s first inter-state bridge:
- The Keediyan-Gandiyal bridge is 1.2-km long.
- It will link the secluded areas of Kathua district in Jammu and Kashmir to Punjab.
- Travel time distance between the two inter-state destinations of Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab will get shortened.
- It will also reduce traffic on the Jammu-Kathua-Pathankot National Highway.
- It has been built at an estimated cost of Rs 150 crore.
- It has taken three-and-a-half years to be completed.
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 22 Jan 2019, 10:35:49 AM