Bharatiya Janata Party's Hindutva mascot Yogi Adityanath has taken the charge of Uttar Pradesh government with an iron fist. His first day in office was marked by a series of strict actions and tough directives.
In first official meeting, Gorakhpur MP gave a series of orders that are likely to set precident for a fair and inclusive BJP-rule in the state for next five years.
As one of the first orders of the business, CM Yogi Adityanath dealt with the incident of BSP leader's murder in Allahabad on Sunday night.
Official sources said Adityanath expressed concern over the incident and stressed that restoring law and order was the top priority of his government.
60-year-old BSP leader Mohd Shami was on Sunday night gunned down by assailants close to his residence in Mauaima police station area, 40 km from Allahabad.
The meeting, sources said, was focused on fulfilling promises mentioned in BJP's 'sankalp patra'.
Read | Adityanath Govt swings into action on Day 1: Law and order, farmers' loan waiver, ban on mechanised slaughter houses top priority for BJP govt in UP
Here are the 10 main decisions taken on Day 1 of Yogi Adityanath Govt in UP
1) All Ministers and officials directed to submit information of their movable and immovable assets within 15 days.
2) UP Assembly session to be held in first week of April
3) Hriday Narayan Dikshit to be Speaker of UP Assembly
4) Yogi Adityanath Govt's first budget to be presented between June 15 and July 15. Officials directed to started working on budget
5) Officials directed to start planning schemes on the basis of BJP manifesto
6) New schemes to focus on increasing investments in Uttar Pradesh; Govt to focus on increasing industrial development policy
7) Job recruitments to be based on merit
8) No political pressure on district administrations and police stations across the state for better law and order and corruption-free regime; Zero-tolerance for lawlessness
9) All officials asked to pledge support to PM Modi's Swachhta campaign
10) Officials directed to change their negative attitude towards women