India Sets The Record Straight On Kashmir, Exposes Pakistan At UNHRC: Top Quotes
Secretary (East) MEA Vijay Thakur Singh, In A Clear Reference To Pakistan, Said Those Who Speak On The Human Rights Of Minorities In Other Countries Are Trampling Upon Them At Will In Their Own Country.
India on Tuesday shut all the mouths raising questions against its decision to strip Jammu and Kashmir of its special status and bifurcate the state into two union territories, asserting that it was sovereign decision and New Delhi would not accept any interference in the country's internal affairs. In an official statement, Secretary (East) in the External Affairs Ministry Vijay Thakur Singh, in a clear reference to Pakistan, said those who speak on the human rights of minorities in other countries are "trampling upon them at will in their own country".
Below are the top quotes of India's statement on Kashmir at UNHRC
- These decisions (nullifying Article 370 and bifrucation of Kahsmir) were taken by our Parliament after a full debate that was televised and enjoyed widespread support. We wish to reiterate that this sovereign decision, like other legislations passed by Parliament, is entirely internal to India. No country can accept interference in its internal affairs, certainly not India.
- Temporary preventive and precautionary measures were necessitated to ensure safety and security of our citizens in the face of credible threats of cross-border terrorism. Democratic processes have been initiated. Restrictions are being eased continuously.
- Any decision that is taken during the process of its implementation will comply with the Indian law and will be in consistent with India's democratic traditions.
- The world is aware that this fabricated narrative comes from the epicentre of global terrorism, where ring leaders were sheltered for years. This nation conducts cross-border terrorism as a form of 'alternate diplomacy'.
- Those who abet, finance and support terrorism in any form on territory under their control are in fact the worst violators of human rights.
- We must speak out. Silence only emboldens terrorists. It also encourages their intimidatory tactics. India appeals to the international community to work together in the fight against terrorism and their sponsors.
- We believe that human rights are best protected when nationalinstitutions are strengthened. We do so as a nation of 1.3 billion people, which embodies the highest principles of democracy, tolerance and unity in diversity.
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 10 Sep 2019, 10:20:33 PM