Over 250 shanties were gutted in a massive fire that broke out at a slum near Kherki village here today, but there was no report of any casualty, police said.
Seven fire tenders rushed to the spot after the incident was reported at 12 noon and doused the fire by six in the evening. The number of jhuggies destroyed in the fire could be well close to 300, they said.
“Everything is under control and there is no casualty. Tents are being placed and a list of affected families is prepared,” said Hawa Singh, PRO Gurgaon police.
“The reason behind the fire is not yet specified and investigation is on,” Singh added.
However, IS Kashyap, a fire department official claimed that a cooking gas leakage in one of the shanties caused the fire.