News Nation Logo

BREAKING

Pakistan's Balakot terror base destroyed in IAF's air strike, latest pictures prove it

The Balakot-based Jaish-e-Mohammad Terror Camp Destroyed By The IAF Was Located On The Bank Of The Kunhar River In Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province Of Pakistan.

News Nation Bureau | Edited By : Raghwendra Shukla | Updated on: 06 Mar 2019, 04:57:24 PM

New Delhi :

News Nation on Wednesday accessed exclusive pictures of Jaish-e-Mohammed's Balakot terror base across Line of Control (LoC) after Indian Air Force’s strike on February 26. These images clearly show that IAF hit the desired target during the air strike and destroyed the terror camp. According to intel sources, ammunition dump blown up on the day had more than 200 AK rifles, uncountable rounds hand grenades, explosives and detonators.

The Balakot-based Jaish-e-Mohammad terror camp destroyed by the IAF was located on the bank of the Kunhar river in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan and was also used by the Hizbul Mujahideen terror group, government sources said. IAF had used 12 Mirage-2000 fighter jet in the strike.

However, there has been no official sequenced of event or proof shared by the Narendra Modi government on the air strike.


The report comes at a time when the air strike proofs have sparked a massive political battle in the election-bound nation. On Tuesday, Prime minister Narendra Modi had said that those demanding the proof of the surgical strike are like the ‘poster boys’ of Pakistan. Though several details have surfaced in media regarding the aerial strike, but the government has not put out an official statement on the events.

Earlier on Monday, Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa - during his first media briefing after the striek - had said that the target was 'clearly hit' when the IAF jets struck Jaish-e-Mohammed’s terror camp in Balakot on February 26. However, the IAF chief clarified that they don't count number of casualties and it will be given by the government. "We hit our target. IAF is not in a postilion to clarify the number of casualties. The government will clarify that. We don't count human casualties, we count what targets we have hit or not," he said while addressing a press conference in Coimbatore. This was the first press briefing by the Air Chief Marshal after the air strike across LoC in which around 250 terrorists were reportedly killed.

For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.

First Published : 06 Mar 2019, 04:09:05 PM

Videos