Pathankot attack: Army chief clarifies on why it took time to complete operation
He Asserted That There Was No Issue Of Coordination During The Operation To Eliminate The Terrorists Who Attacked The Pathankot Air Force Base On January 2.
Army Chief General Dalbir Singh Suhag on Wednesday clarified on why it took time to complete the Pathankot operation
He asserted that there was "no issue of coordination" during the operation to eliminate the terrorists who attacked the Pathankot Air Force base on January 2.
Here is what all the Army Chief has said on the Pathankot terror attack operation:
- Area of contact had to be contained so no one escaped. Deliberate to avoid casualties
- I assure nation that your Army is highly motivated and ready to respond to any threats to our national security
- I assure the nation that army is prepared to respond to any challenge to nation's security
- It was a good operation. To ensure less casualties we had to take time to complete operation
- No casualties during the operation, all forces worked with good coordination: Army Chief on
- Those who are on the ground decide how an operation is to be handled
- Increasingly the security environment facing the nation is becoming more complex & dynamic
- Large number of measures have been taken to expedite induction of modern military equipment
- In our efforts to fastrack technological progress, a new Army design bureau is being set up
- Have told all army commanders to do a security audit
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 13 Jan 2016, 01:05:00 PM