Prime Minister Narendra Modi today condemned the terrorist attack on Nice city of France, which left over 75 dead and over 100 injured. Sharing his despair on social media site Twitter, Modi said, “Appalled by the horrific attack in Nice. I strongly condemn such mindless acts of violence. My thoughts are with the families of deceased.”
Appalled by the horrific attack in Nice. I strongly condemn such mindless acts of violence. My thoughts are with the families of deceased.— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) July 15, 2016
Recreating the nightmare of November Paris attacks, a lone truck drives ploughed through the Bastille Day crowd and opened fire, killing at least 75 people dead and over 100 injured. The Ministry of External Affairs confirmed earlier that no Indian has been harmed in the attack.
President of India’s office also tweeted on the behalf of President Pranab Mukherjee and promised that India will increase cooperation with France to strengthen fight against terrorism.
We will strengthen our cooperation with France and other countries in the fight against terrorism #PresidentMukherjee— President of India (@RashtrapatiBhvn) July 15, 2016
Addressing a press conference after the attack, the French president, François Hollande, said, “France is horrified by what has taken place, this monstrosity of using a lorry to deliberately kill dozens of people who had come to celebrate 14 July.”
“France as a whole is under the threat of Islamic terrorism. We have to demonstrate absolute vigilance and show determination that is unfailing,” he said.