Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday replied in the Lok Sabha on the motion of thanks to the President's address. He quoted Rajiv Gandhi on Parliament disruptions and also attacked the Congress party.
Here are the top 10 quotes:
1. GST Bill is yours, now it is being stopped
2. Only women members should speak in the Parliament on International Women's day
3. No one will deny that if Congress had helped the poor in 60 years, the poor wouldn't still be facing trouble
4. Parliament is not being allowed to function because of an inferiority complex. Opposition is not allowing some bright MPs speak in Parliament. MPs of smallers parties don't get opportunity to speak.
5. Why can't we have time set aside where only first time MPs can speak. This will bring a fresh perspective to proceedings.
6. I want to share my thoughts, not as the PM but as someone who has entered Parliament for the first time.
7. House is a place where debates are to take place, but if boundaries are maintained during a debate then it is fruitful. Hindering debate in the House is very counter-productive
8. We are mocking things like 'Make in India'? This is for the nation.
9. In 1974, in IP College Indira Gandhi ji said that we shouldnt portray our nation as weak
10. In 14 years, I have learned to live with criticism