President Kovind sets tone for New India’s development path: Top quotes of joint address
During His Speech, President Kovind Outlined Measures To Realise Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s “inclusive Growth Agenda, In Keeping With His Slogan Of “sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas.
President Ram Nath Kovind on Thursday addressed the joint session of parliament. This was President Kovind’s first after Lok Sabha polls. During his speech, President Kovind outlined measures to realise Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s “inclusive growth" agenda, in keeping with his slogan of “sabka saath, sabka vikas, sabka vishwas". Kovind’s speech – seen as outlining the priorities and the roadmap for fulfilling those objectives.
President Kovind started his speech by congratulating all the MP’s elected for the 17th Lok Sabha. He also thanked the voters who actively participated in the polls. “More than 61 crore voters in the country have voted, established a new record and enhanced the credibility of India's democracy in the world. All voters deserve the congratulations for the success of this election,” he said.
Here are top quotes of President Ram Nath Kovind from address at joint session of Parliament:
- Today's demand is that the system of 'one nation - elections together' should be brought out so that the country can grow faster and the people will be benefited. With such arrangements, all political parties will be able to utilise their energy more in the work of development and public welfare, according to their ideology, says President Kovind.
- During the last few decades, some elections were held in some parts of the country often due to the speed and continuity of development. Our countrymen have demonstrated wisdom and understanding by expressing their clear decisions on state and national level issues, says President Ram Nath Kovind.
- My government has paid a humble tribute to the nation by building the 'National War Memorial' martyrs built near India Gate in Delhi. In memory of the soldiers of our police force, who are martyred in the country's security, the government has built a 'National Police Memorial' - President Kovind.
- Every possible effort is being made to take care of soldiers and their families. Efforts are made to improve their lives by increasing the ex-servicemen's pension and expanding their health facilities through 'One Rank One Pension' - President Kovind
- My government is expanding the work of modernisation of the armed forces and the armed forces. In the near future, India is going to meet the first 'Rafael' fighter aircraft and 'Apache' helicopters - President Kovind.
- Foreigners admitted in India illegally, are in great danger for internal security. My government has decided that the process of 'National Register of Citizens' will be implemented in the areas which are facing the problem of infiltration - on the basis of priority - President Kovind.
- My government gives top priority to national security. India has displayed its intentions and capabilities by air strikes on border cross-border terrorists, first surgical strike and then after the Pulwama attack. All possible steps will be taken to protect your security in the future, says President Kovind.
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 20 Jun 2019, 12:05:13 PM