Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday gave speech at the Karnataka Lingayat Education (KLE) Society in Belgaum, where he paid tribute teachers and took a jibe at century old families and parties in Indian national polity. The speech summarised in 10 points
1. Narendra Modi talks about Government’s decision to scrap Rs 500/1000 notes, says Govt doesn’t trouble honest people
2. PM Modi warned dishonest people to be aware and said he will not hesitate after Dec 30.
3. Modi slammed the claims that demonetisation is bothering poor citizens. He said the move bothers only rich people.
4. He also defended his government. He said his government will never trouble innocent citizens rather punish the guilty.
5. PM Modi took a dig at Congress in his statement. He said,”Congress ke log keh rahe hain 1000/500 notes kyun band kardi? Aapne jab chawanni band ki thi, maine poocha tha?”.
6. He also raised the issue of Olympics in his speech. He motivated the sportspersons to win medals at 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
7. Our universities are not among the top 100 in the world, 10 Govt and 10 private universities should resolve to do that, come forward, urged PM Modi.
8. PM Modi took jibe at opposition leaders for comments against demonetization.
9. He asked students and government universities to take initiative and bring India International recognition in science.
10. He announced that concessions and scholarships will be provided to those who want to innovate.