Independence Day 2018: 10 quotes of PM Modi's I-Day speech
On the occasion of India’s 72nd Independence Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday unfurled the tricolour at the historic Red Fort and addressed the nation for the final time before 2014 general elections. Speaking from the ramparts of the Red Fort, Modi slammed the previous UPA government for the "slow pace" of the country’s development.
Modi said that had the nation continued at the same pace at which toilets were being constructed in 2013, the pace at which electrification was happening in 2013, then it would have taken us decades to complete these projects.
The Prime Minister claimed that the power of Indian passport increased in the last four years and now the world has changed its outlook for India.
Also Read | AAP MLAs not invited to Independence Day function, claims Saurabh Bhardwaj
10 points of PM Modi’s Independence Day speech 2018
- The Constitution given to us by Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar has spoken about justice for all. We have to ensure social justice for all and create an India that is developing rapidly.
- We are very proud of what we have achieved but at the same time, we also have to look at where we have come from. That is when we will realize the unbelievable strides the nation has taken.
- If we had continued at the same pace at which toilets were being constructed in 2013, the pace at which electrification was happening in 2013, then it would have taken us decades to complete.
- The demand for higher MSP was pending for years. From farmers to political parties to agriculture experts, everybody was asking about it but nothing happened. With the blessings of the farmers, the decision on MSP was taken by our Government.
- Who did not want the GST to be passed, yet it was pending for years. Last year GST became a reality.I want to thank the business community for the success of the GST.
- The OROP demand was also pending for decades. People of India, our brave Army personnel had faith in us and we were able to take a decision on OROP. We will always take decisions in the interests of our nation.
- From being seen as among the fragile five, India is now the land of reform, perform and transform. We are all set for record economic growth.
- The world has changed its outlook for India. Today, India's voice is being heard effectively at the world stage. We are integral parts of forums whose doors were earlier closed for us.
- There was a time when North East India used to feel that Delhi is very far from them, but today we have brought Delhi to the doorstep of the North East.
- India is proud of our scientists, who are excelling in their research and are at the forefront of innovation. In the year 2022 or if possible before, India will unfurl the tricolour in space.
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 15 Aug 2018, 08:26:46 AM