Sanjay Sinh: Meet the man who won Amethi first time for BJP
Sanjay Singh, The Congress MP From The Rajya Sabha, Resigned From Both The Grand Old Party And The Upper House On Tuesday
Sanjay Sinh's wife Amita Sinh also announced her resignation from the Congress (Photo: ANI)
Sanjay Sinh, the Congress MP from the Rajya Sabha, resigned from both the Grand Old Party and the Upper House on Tuesday. His wife Amita Sinh also announced her resignation from the Congress. Amita Sinh is a two-time MLA. Sinh confirmed the resignation and announced that he will join the BJP tomorrow. Addressing the media shortly after his resignation, Sinh said that there was no dialogue in the Congress. He said that only Prime Minister Narendra Modi can help in fulfilling India’s dreams. In 2014, Singh was considered as the richest among the Rajya Sabha contestants.
Who is Sanjay Sinh?
- Sanjay Sinh is a politician from the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- He was elected twice to the Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh during the 1980s and held several state ministerial posts.
- Sanjay Sinh has also served as Union Minister for Communications in 1991.
- Sinh left the Indian National Congress (INC) party in 1988 and joined Janata Dal.
- Sanjay Sinh changed his allegiance from Janata Dal to that of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and in the 1998 Lok Sabha elections he won the Amethi constituency seat.
- Sinh stood again as the BJP candidate in the 1999 elections, on that occasion he faced Sonia Gandhi. Sanjay Sinh lost.
- Sanjay Sinh rejoined the INC in 2003, choosing to announce his move on the birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi.
- Since then Sanjay Sinh represented the Sultanpur constituency as a member of the INC.
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 30 Jul 2019, 05:47:00 PM