Selfie obsession sometimes goes beyond all sensibilities. A couple, which was present on sight of Dubai hotel fire near Burj Khalifa, on New Year eve, came under fire for all the wrong reasons.
At the moment of great chaos, when people were stuck inside the flaming building, this couple was busy clicking a selfie . Moreover, they even posted the selfie on Twitter.
The twitteratis expressed shock after the incident. The picture went viral within minutes of posting with many of the people marking it as “most senseless selfie ever”. Some even marked the picture as ‘couple on fire’.
In the incident, one person had a heart attack as a result of the smoke and the rush to get out of the building. Another person was described as being moderately injured and 16 people were said to have suffered minor injuries.
"#DubaiFire on Adress hotel new year fireworks went on but when a couple took a #selfie it became stupid. World is like this now" posted a Twitterati.
“Stupid of the year 2016 goes to this mad couple #DubaiFire” posted another Twitterati.
“Height of #Sickselfies !Well done #sick #couple Your smiles say it all!Hope you had a good time. #Weirdos #Dubaifire” posted another Twitterati.