Shaheed Diwas 2020: Top 10 Martyrs' Day 2020 Inspirational Quotes On Martyrdom
Martyrs' Day Or Shaheed Diwas Is Celebrated Every Year On March 23. News Nation Brings You The Top 10 Inspirational Quotes On Martyrs And Martyrdom That Will Give You Goosebumps. Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, And Rajguru Were Hanged To Death On March 23, 1931.
Shaheed Diwas 2020: Top 10 Inspirational Quotes On Martyrdom (Representational Image) (Photo Credit: Twitter)
Martyrs' Day or Shaheed Diwas is celebrated every year on March 23 to remember the supreme sacrifices of all the freedom fighters who gave their lives for India’s Independence from the British rule. Freedom fighters’ list is uncountable but these three pillars can never be forgotten: Shaheed Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, and Rajguru. The names whose sacrifices bring goosebumps and enthusiasm amongst us. It is to be noted that Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, and Rajguru were hanged to death on March 23, 1931 in Lahore conspiracy case by the British Government. By hanging these brave freedom fighters, the British government believed that Indians will be scared and forget the spirit of Independence. However, Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, and Rajguru’s hanging increased the spirit of Independence in such a way that thousands of patriots tied the shroud on the head and waged patriotic war against the British. On March 23, the whole country will offer tribute to these immortal bravehearts who reach the echo of Inklab, on their martyrdom. News Nation brings you the top 10 inspirational quotes on martyrs and martyrdom that will give you goosebumps.
Top 10 Inspirational Quotes:
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh: "Zindagi Apne Dum Par Ji Jaati Hai, Dusro Ke Kandhon Par To Sirf Janaje Uthate Hai."
- Miguel de Unamuno: "It is truer to say that martyrs create faith more than faith creates martyrs."
- Thomas Jefferson: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
- Napoleon Bonaparte: "It is the cause, not the death, that makes the martyr."
- Indira Gandhi: "Martyrdom does not end something, it only a beginning."
- Florence Nightingale: "The martyr sacrifices themselves entirely in vain. Or rather not in vain; for they make the selfish more selfish, the lazy more lazy, the narrow narrower."
- Soren Kierkegaard: "The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins."
- Aleister Crowley: "The people who have really made history are the martyrs."
- Horace Mann: "It is more difficult, and it calls for higher energies of soul, to live a martyr than to die one."
- Abraham Lincoln: "A nation that does not honour its heroes (martyrs) will not long endure."
It is worth mentioning here that Martyrs’ Day or Shaheed Diwas is also celebrated on January 30 to pay homage to the victims who fought for the freedom, glory, welfare and progress of India.
Also Read: Shaheed Diwas: Here are some powerful quotes by iconic freedom fighter Bhagat Singh
Other than January 30 and March 23 Martyrs' Day or Shaheed Diwas is also celebrated on different days in different places:
- July 13 is celebrated as the Martyr's Day in Jammu and Kashmir to memorise the death of 22 people.
- November 17th is celebrated as Martyr's Day in Odisha to observe the death anniversary of Lala Lajpat Ray.
- November 19 is celebrated as Martyr's Day in the Jhansi. As, on 19th November, Rani Lakshmi Bai was born and sacrificed her life during the 1857 revolt.
(With Agencies Input)
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 28 Feb 2020, 08:24:10 AM