Some interesting facts you should know about Netaji Bose on his birth anniversary
Today Is The 119th Birth Anniversary Of Netaji Subhas Bose. He Was Born In The Year 1897 And Is Also Considered One Of The Most Revered Freedom Fighters Of India. He Is The One Who Built The First Indian Armed Force Named The Azad Hind Fauj.
New Delhi :
Today is the 119th birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. He was born in the year 1897 and is also considered one of the most revered freedom fighters of India. He is the one who built the first Indian armed force named the Azad Hind Fauj.
His very famous slogan, “You give me blood, I'll give you Freedom”. A devoted patriot, though mystery still surrounds his death, it is believed that he died in a plane crash but some of the secret files hold the truth of his death.
Here are some of the facts that you should know about Netaji:
- Netaji was highly patriotic since childhood, he was the 9th child of his parents.
- An exceptionally brilliant student Netaji was placed 4th in order of merit in the examination of Indian Civil Service.
- He had resigned from the coveted civil service career to join the freedom struggle. Netaji was imprisoned 11 times in various jails in India during the freedom struggle.
- Bose was not a great fan of Gandhi’s non-violent policy to attain freedom from British rule. He advocated for stiffer ways to deal with the adroit Britishers.
- In 1941, he made a daring escape from house arrest in India, he then travelled from places to places to seek help from Adolf Hitler.
- Netaji is a respected name in Japan too. On August 23, 2007, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe visited the Subhas Chandra Bose memorial hall in Kolkata.
- Bose had established Azad Hind Radio station in Germany and lead the Indian nationalist movement in East Asia.
- Bhagvad Gita was a great source of inspiration for Netaji. From his very young days he was inspired by Swami Vivekananda's teachings on universal brotherhood.
- Netaji’s death in a plane crash still remains a mystery. Today Prime Minister Narendra Modi will release the digital copies of 100 files related to Subhash Chandra Bose on his birth anniversary.
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 23 Jan 2016, 12:00:00 PM