Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's event: Ever seen this scale of construction? asks NGT
The National Green Tribunal On Wednesday Resumed Hearing On Whether Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Mega Event On The Banks Of The River Yamuna Should Be Allowed On Friday. Here Are The Highlights:
The National Green Tribunal on Wednesday resumed hearing on whether Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's mega event on the banks of the river Yamuna should be allowed on Friday. Here are the highlights:
- Art of Living counsel tells NGT that total cost for creating venue of this event is 15.63 crore, in addition to 10 crore for decoration.
- NGT asks Art Of Living to submit details regarding expenses on construction of stage & levelling of flood plains.
- NGT to DPCC: Have you tested the enzyme being put into the river by Art Of Living?
- NGT to DPCC: Have you ever seen this kind and scale of construction activity going on in Delhi especially on the flood plain?
- Delhi govt informs NGT that CPWD has asked AOL to build a separate stage for PM due to issues over structural safety.
- Delhi govt informs NGT that cops, after inspection, have asked AOL to show structural safety clearance of pontoon bridge & vehicle parking clearance
- DPCC says "Delhi witnesses some cultural function everyday, not possible to know of the scale of things."
- NGT again asks all respondents, if any Environmental Impact Assessment was carried out regarding consequential effects of this event
- Art of Living counsel stated, there will be no activity which violates NGT order, will maintain sufficient distance from river
- NGT pulls up Ministry of Environment & Forests for not filing affidavit as asked by it regarding environment clearances.
- Water Resource Ministry informed NGT that they did not given any permission for the event.
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 09 Mar 2016, 01:54:00 PM