Praveen Swami, Indian Express journalist, who revealed the eyewitnesses’ account on the surgical strikes carried out by the Indian Army across the LoC in response to the Uri terror attacks, has said that he stands by his story and that the information the English daily has received is 100 per cent genuine.
On asking about the authenticity of the reports they gathered from the eyewitnesses, he said “we have no doubt over the eyewitnesses account; whatever they have revealed to us is true.”
Eyewitnesses who live across the LoC have provided the daily graphic accounts of the surgical strikes by the Indian Army on seven terror launch pads last week. They have described how the bodies of those killed in the surgical strikes were loaded onto the trucks for secret burials on the intervening night of September 28 and 29.
The eyewitnesses also revealed that brief but intense fire engagements destroyed makeshift buildings in which jihadists were living. If their accounts are true, they will corroborate India’s claims that it launched surgical strikes across the LoC, a claim which has been denied by Pakistan.