News Nation Logo

BREAKING

Surgical strikes proved terror acts will not go unpunished: Sitharaman

PTI | Updated on: 28 Sep 2018, 10:29:00 PM
Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman (Photo- Twitter/ANI)

New Delhi:

On the eve of the second anniversary of the surgical strikes, Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said on Friday terrorists launch pads were destroyed after the exercise and those wanting to spread terror were adequately punished.

The government is celebrating Parakram Parv from September 28-30 to mark the second anniversary of the surgical strikes the forces had carried out on terror launch pads in 2016.

Also Read | Donald Trump 'looks forward' to visit India; will he be next Republic Day chief guest?

“We showed for the cowardly act of killing (that) India shall not sit and watch the whole thing. We proved to them (terrorists) that it (their acts) shall not go unpunished.

“It is all out in the open now (that) all terrorists launch pads were cleared off and those who were wanting to spread terror were adequately punished,” Sitharaman said at an event organised at the India Gate Lawns to mark the second anniversary of the surgical strikes.

Read More | Nana Patekar's lawyer to send legal notice to Tanushree Dutta against 'False' charges

The minister said the government was celebrating the Parakram Parv through which people could see the valour of the armed forces and remember them.

Earlier in the day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated on Friday the “Parakram Parv” exhibition at a military station.

For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.

First Published : 28 Sep 2018, 10:28:51 PM

Videos