Senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi who has earlier served as Deputy Chief Minister and Finance Minister of Bihar will be sworn-in as the deputy CM of Bihar on Thursday at 10 AM.
Here is all you need to know about Sushil Kumar Modi:
1. It was in 1962, Modi became a member of Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS).
2. During Sino-Indian War of 1962, Modi was appointed Commandment by the Civil Defence to train the civilians and students to maintain their physical fitness.
3. In 1974 he became a Member of Bihar Pradesh Chaatra (Student) Sangharsh Samiti which spearheaded the famous Bihar Student’s Movement of 1974.
4. From 1977-1986, he held posts including that of State Organising Secretary, Bihar, All India Secretary, in-charge of UP and Bihar and then the All India General Secretary of Vidyarthi Parishad.
5. He became the Chief Whip of the BJP Bihar Legislature Party in 1990.
6. In July 2011, Sushil Kumar Modi was appointed as the Chairman of the Empowered Committee of State Finance Ministers for the Implementation of Goods and Service Tax.
7. He was also appointed as the Minister for Parliamentary Affairs under Nitish Kumar government in 2000.
8. It was in 2004 that he became a member of Lok Sabha representing the constituency of Bhagalpur.
9. In 2005 Bihar election, Modi was elected as the leader of Bihar BJP Legislature Part.
10. After NDA's victory in Bihar elections 2010, he continued to be the Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar.