Three children in the age group of 2 to 3 years died Wednesday due to suspected food poisoning in Adilabad district of Telangana, police said.
They said 22 people, including children, were undergoing treatment at a hospital after they displayed symptoms of food poisoning.
The incident happened at Kolamguda village, a senior police official told PTI.
Residents of the hamlet, who had a marriage party Tuesday, allegedly consumed some stale mutton curry and started complaining of vomiting and giddiness, according to police.
Three children, who too had consumed the "stale" food, were declared brought dead by hospital authorities while the condition of the 22 others was stable, the official said.