The Uttar Pradesh Police has ruled out a kidnapping angle in the ‘missing’ case of Noida-based fashion designer Shipra Malik. Meerut Range DIG Lakshmi Singh while addressing a press conference said that the police did not find any criminal intent in the case.
Here are the 10 updates in the case:
1. Shipra, a resident of sector 37, had left from Noida for Chandni Chowk on Monday, February 29 afternoon.
2. A call to PCR was made from Shipra mobile phone on February 29 at 2:56 PM but it was disconnected in few seconds and then the phone was switched off. The call was made from Delhi’s Lajpat Nagar, which was Shipra’s last known location.
3. Later, a CCTV footage found by the Noida Police showed Shipra entering ING Vyasya Bank in Noida on February 29 soon before she went missing. She is said to have her bank locker at ING Vyasya Bank.
4. Shipra’s Maruti Swift car was found near the Arun Vihar Club, which is around 500 meters away from her home.
5. Her husband Chetan Malik, who is a local builder, filed a missing complaint with Noida police.
6. No ransom call was received by the family after Shipra went missing.
7. Shipra was found in a house in a village on Jhajjar road near Gurgaon on Friday morning. Shipra told the police in her statement: "I was kidnapped by three men in Noida and taken to Gurgaon,".
8. Police sources say Shipra is giving contradictory statements and all angles in the case have been investigated.
9. In a Press Conference, police has said that Shipra was not kidnapped and hatched her won abduction plan because she was unhappy with property-related disputes with her father and brother. She was also having some problems with her husband.
10. Police is trying to find out what was in the bank locker. Police has said that Shipra stayed at an ashram in Rajasthan after she disappeared from Noida.