New Delhi :
Addressing his first Townhall today in Delhi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that every responsible person holding a position should be accountable. People should easily get what they want.
Prime Minister Modi also launched a new PMO app to enable mobile users to connect with the Indian Prime Minister’s website.
The mega event was organised by MyGov - the government’s citizen engagement platform - to mark its second anniversary.
Here are the ten highlights of his speech:
1. If democracy is limited to voting & choosing a Govt then the spirit of democracy would not develop.
2. Technology and good governance will benefit farmers. Most powerful thing in democracy is Grievance Redress System.
3. We want to develop good governance where processes are less and things get done easy for citizens.
4. Holding PM responsible for everything that happens at every level in the nation, it can be good politically...or for TRP.
5. Every responsible person holding a position should be questioned. People should easily get what they want.
6. Development and good governance should have a balanced relation, even for a small incident anywhere, PM is targeted.
7. I raise one issue but the whole system is addressed. We are taking few initiatives for good governance.
8. The world is in recession. Despite the purchasing capacity of world going down, we have a growth rate of 7.6%.
9. Tourism will boost our economy, we shd try&drive our economy. If we achieve 8% growth rate for 30 years then, we will be at the top.
10. Kaafi log jo Gau rakshak hain, woh gau raksha sirf apne kaale dhandhe chupane ke liye karte hain, Cows mostly die of eating plastic bags and these Cow rakshaks should urge ppl not to throw plastic on roads, this will be a big sewa.