Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi has called Anandiben Patel, who offered to quit as Gujarat Chief Minister, a scapegoat. He has also attacked Prime Minister Narendra Modi, holding him responsible for all Gujarat ills. Here are the top 5 stories at 1 PM on August 2:
1. Anandiben a 'scapegoat', Modi responsible for Gujarat ills, says Rahul Gandhi
A day after Anandiben Patel decided to step down as Chief Minister, Rahul Gandhi today said making her a “scapegoat” would not save the BJP in Gujarat as the 13-year Narendra Modi rule in the state was responsible for its “burning”.
2. GST Bill: BJP, Congress issue whip asking MPs to be present in Rajya Sabha tomorrow
With the GST bill set to be tabled in Rajya Sabha on Wednesday, the Congress on Tuesday issed a three-line whip asking its members to be present in Rajya Sabha on Wednesday. Earlier on Monday, the BJP issued a whip to its members asking them to be present in the House for the next three days during which the party expects the legislation to be passed.
3. Arms haul case: Abu Jundal, 6 others get life imprisonment
Lashkar-e-Taiba operative and 26/11 Mumbai attack plotter Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal and six others have been sentenced for life in the 2006 Aurangabad Arms Haul case. The special MCOCA court pronounced the quantum of sentence on Tuesday.
4. Bulandshahr gangrape: Punish them or three of us will commit suicide, says family
Three days after a woman and her daughter were brutally gangraped in Uttar Pradesh's Bulandshahr after being dragged out of their car, the family has threatened to commit suicide if the accused arew not punished.
5. Narsingh Yadav meets PM Modi, says will go for Rio Olympics and win medal for India
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday met Wrestler Narsingh Yadav and asked him to participate in the Olympics without any tension and win laurels for the country.