A new era of development awaits Jammu and Kashmir: Top quotes of PM Modi's speech
In A Bid To Pacify Kashmiris, The Prime Minister Said That The Decision To Revoke Article 370 Will Help In Overall Development Of The State.
PM Modi termed his government's decision to revoke Article 370 in Kashmir 'historic'. (ANI Photo)
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday hailed his govenrment's decision to scrap part of the constitutional provision - Article 370 - that gave people of Jammu and Kashmir a significant autonomy and devide the state into two Union Territories. In a televised address, the prime minister said that decades of dynasty rule in Jammu and Kashmir prevented youth of the state from taking leadership role. In a bid to pacify Kashmiris, the prime minister said that the decision (to revoke Article 370 in Kashmir) will help in development of the Kashmir and Ladakh as tourism hub of the world.
Below are the top quotes of PM Modi's address on Kashmir move:
- I congratulate people of Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh and the whole nation. When some things are their forever we presume they will never change or go away. Article 370 was something similar. The dream of Sardar Patel, Baba Saheb Ambedkar, Dr Syama Prasad Mukherjee, Atalji and of crores of patriots has been fulfilled.
- We as a nation, as a family, have taken a historic decision. A system due to which brothers & sisters of Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh were deprived of many rights and which was a big obstacle to their development, that system has been done away with.
- There was never any discussion as to how Article370 was adversely affecting the people of Jammu, Kashmir, and Ladakh. And it is surprising, no one was able to really tell how did the article benefit the people.
- The decision to keep Jammu and Kashmir directly under Central administration for a brief period was a well thought over decision. Since Governor rule was implemented in Jammu and Kashmir, state admin has been directly in touch with Centre due to which the effects of good governance can be seen on the ground.
- Jammu Kashmir and Ladakh have the potential to be the biggest tourist hub of the world. There was a time when Kashmir was the favorite destination of Bollywood film makers, I am confident that in future even international films will be shot there.
- Decades of dynasty rule in Jammu and Kashmir prevented the youth from political leadership. Now my youth of J&K will lead the development work and take the region to new heights.
- We are making sure that people in Jammu and Kashmir have no problem in celebrating Eid. Those from J&K who live elsewhere and want to go to J&K to celebrate the festival will be helped in it by us.
- I want to make it clear, your representative will be elected by you, your representative will come from amongst you... I have complete faith, under this new system we all will be able to free Jammu and Kashmir of terrorism and separatism.
- We should not forget that patriots of Jammu and Kashmir have stood firmly to counter the conspiracies of Pakistan meant to encourage terrorism and separatism.
- It is natural in a democracy that some people are in favor of this decision and some have differences over it. I also respect their differences and their objections. But I urge them to help the government in giving new direction to Jammu and Kashmir-Ladakh keeping the interest of the country paramount.
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 08 Aug 2019, 09:01:54 PM