The Supreme Court on Wednesday, while hearing Centre's plea against Uttarakhand High Court’s order of setting aside President's rule in the state, framed 7 questions and sought Centre's response on the same. During the hearing of Centre's plea against Uttarakhand High Court order, the apex court said that Uttarakhand Chief Secretary has nothing to do with the present case.
Here are Supreme Court’s 7 questions to the Centre:
1. "Whether Governor can ask Speaker for division of votes as both are constitutional authorities?"
2. "Convention is money bill failed, Govt goes but who is to say money bill hasn't been passed if Speaker doesn't say so?"
3. “Can a delay in the floor test be ground for proclamation of President rule in state?”
4. "What is the stage of appropriation bill & when President rule comes in the picture with regards to Appropriation bill?"
5. "Proceeding in the #Uttarakhand Assembly can be taken note by the President for imposing President's rule"
6. "Whether disqualification of MLAs by the speaker is a relevant issue for the purpose of imposing President's rule under Article 356"
7. "Whether Governor could have sent message in present manner under Article175 (2) to conduct floor test"