West Bengal Public Service Commission has declared the result of civil services prelims examination 2017 at their official website which is pscwb.org.in
Total 7,992 candidates are declared qualified and able to appear for Mains, the next round of the recruitment.
1. Log on to the official website www.pscwb.org.in
2. Click on the 'results' tab
3. Click on ' WB Civil Services Prelims 2017: Result'
4. In the provided fields, enter your roll number and date of birth
5. Click on submit
6. A PDF file will open, containing the roll numbers of the selected candidates
7. Download the same and take a printout for future reference
After successfully qualifying the Mains, candidates will get a call for personality test further.
The written test of the preliminary examination took place earlier this year on January 29 under the conduction of WB Public Service Commission. The Mains examination are also going to be held this year only. Candidates who will get qualified after the very last round of the process, get a dignified position in Rank of a Officer in the WB Government.
Students who will appear for the Mains need to sit for 6 compulsory papers and one optional.
The total marks for the exam will depend on the grade the candidate have applied for. Group wise marks distributuion for main and interview is given below:
Group A- 1600 marks + 200 marks for interview = 1800
Group B- 1600 marks + 200 marks for interview = 1800
Group C- 1200 marks + 150 marks for interview = 1350
Group D- 1200 marks + 150 marks for interview = 1350
The six common papers will be same for all the above mentioned groups.