Representational Images (Photo Credit: News Nation)
While the morbidity and mortality rates are very high amongst patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases and other related illnesses, inflation, on the other hand, has also been rising every passing year. As a result, Healthcare and medical aid are getting costlier by the year, and it is difficult to afford treatments for diseases, especially heart-related illnesses, which have skyrocketing medical and hospitalisation expenses.
A medical cover aimed at looking after expensive procedures and treatments related to the heart will be what is needed in this hour. This is where health insurance for cardiac patients comes into play. While the primary advantages of the Mediclaim policy are to cover your hospitalisation and heart-related treatment expenditures, most Mediclaim policies nowadays offer much more than just a simple expense cover.
If you are wondering what health insurance for cardiac patients cover is all about, then check out some of the most important aspects of health and medicare that this cover offers:
1. Pre and post-hospitalisation charges Ideally, a cover of 30 days preceding the hospitalisation and 60 days post the policyholder’s discharge from the hospital is available under the health insurance for cardiac patients. This is because the pre and post-hospitalisation charges can be quite hefty for most families, and Care health insurance policies offer relief to a great extent.
2. Daycare treatment Most insurance providers offer a daycare treatment cover when the policyholder opts for health insurance for cardiac patients. With this daycare cover, your insurance will also cover treatments or operations that happen in the day and don’t require you to be in the hospital room over the night.
3. Cashless claims The insurance companies have tie-ups with several hospitals to facilitate cashless claims for patients. You should check the list of cashless hospitals in your area with your insurance provider before opting for health insurance for cardiac patients. You do not have to worry about clearing your medical bills anymore as your insurer either does it for you or reimburses you for your hospital and medical expenses.
4. Lifelong renewability Often it is true that one must buy health insurance at a young age because the amount of the premiums is smaller. However, the need for a medical cover is felt more and more as years pass by, especially in the later years. To top it off, heart-related diseases are not uncommon when one gets old, and the sheer treatment expenses can burn a hole in your pocket. Therefore it is important to buy health insurance for cardiac patients with a lifelong renewability option. You may not even be eligible for any health insurance when you cross a certain age.
5. Annual routine check-ups You can avail of annual cardiac health check-ups with the health insurance for cardiac patients and get the same benefit for any other family member/s if they are covered in this same policy.
6. Ambulance charges If you or any of your family members, who are covered with an insurance policy like the health insurance for cardiac patients, you may also have received the transportation benefits. As a policyholder, you are entitled to an ambulance pick-up and drop at the hospital, making it easier for you and your family members during emergencies.
7. Tax Benefits
With the help of an income tax calculator, you can quickly estimate the taxable amount you have to pay to the government this year. The beauty of health insurance for cardiac patients is that, like other insurances, you can claim a tax deduction against the health premiums you pay for this insurance policy. This is possible under section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961 and applies to every policyholder paying their premiums towards health insurance or even if an individual is paying premiums for a dependent parent.
Some health insurance for cardiac patients also includes various alternative treatment options like AYUSH, i.e., Ayurveda, Unani, Sidha and Homeopathy, which could also aid in a speedy recovery. While the health insurance for cardiac patients offers manifold benefits, the end goal is to ensure that the policyholder has a financial cover that offers best-in-class treatment for heart illnesses at affordable rates. Therefore, to secure yourself and your family members from hefty medical bills and rising healthcare expenses, buy a health insurance policy today.