Delhi Govt issues health advisory: What to do and not to do during bird flu scare
The Delhi Government On Monday Issued A Health Advisory After The Death Toll Due To Bird Flu Rose To 64 In The Capital. Even Though The H5N8 Flu Is Not Harmful To Human, It Has Caused Tension Amongst The Consumers Of Poultry Meat.
The Delhi Government on Monday issued a health advisory after the death toll due to bird flu rose to 64 in the capital.
Even though the H5N8 flu is not harmful to human, it has caused tension amongst the consumers of poultry meat.
For extra precautions, the Delhi Government has issued the following list of doâ€™s and donâ€™ts:
- Avoid direct contact with bird secretions
- Clean all feeders, waterers, cages, used for birds with detergents (soap/surf). Dispose properly all the slaughter waste.
- Please donâ€™t touch dead birds with naked hands and inform the control room. Phone number 23890318 for further action.
- Wash hands frequently at the time of dealing with raw poultry products. Take due care of personal hygiene. Maintain cleanliness in surrounding.
- Always use mask and gloves at the time of dealing with raw chicken/chicken products.
- Eat only completely cooked meat and meat products (100ÂºC)
- In case any pond etc is near your area, Park, etc and is not being disinfected with lime etc, then inform on above mention control room number.
- Do not consume uncooked chicken or eggs
- Do not consume half cooked chicken/bird or half boiled or half fried eggs
- Prevent exposure from sick looking (sluggish) chicken
- Do not keep raw meat near the cooked meat
Earlier, the Union Environment Ministry said a constant vigil is kept around the National Zoological Parks to monitor and contain the H5 avian influenza along with the state agencies and a three-member panel has been set up to keep a watch over the developments.
For all the Latest India News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
First Published : 25 Oct 2016, 08:48:00 AM